Friday, May 13, 2011

CAT'10 Diaries


Last 6 months have been very special for me.. as CAT’10 approached.. so did my sister’s wedding and life was on in full swing.
In the hustle bustle of wedding preparations I gave my CAT unnoticed by the friends or extended family errr.. To say so.. even my family had other things as priorities!
Having given the exam earlier and having been a victim of its whimsical nature before, I liked keeping it low profile. Office on weekdays, shopping on weekends, One test series, a few practice tests, a bit of reading, and soon it was November the 22nd.. CAT was written.. but hey the shopping wasnt over as yet!

As Mid December and January approached, the wedding preparations got hastier and discussions grew louder. The caterer was not finalized, the venue which was booked had some legal hassles, the work on website for the couple was not started.. and even my dress was not ready!! We had 8 full months to prepare.. and yet our home.. full of master planners.. though sans the degrees was lagging behind work! An unexpected and unacceptable situation! How similar is the case with our exam preparations.. we always feel there is ample time for everything.. and yet we are more often than not completing that last chapter just 5 minutes before the exam :P. However, exams can be repeated (though not preferably) but weddings cannot be (generally)! So a little mending has to be done.. Some tweaks and fixings immediately needed.. budgets can not to be compromised.. neither can the esteem and nor pomp and show of organizing a baniya wedding!
A thing about the baniya weddings.. nothing else matters.. it is just about the food! Unless the food is ultrasuperlicouslyyummylicious nothing seems fine.

A few weeks before the wedding, things seem to fall into place,one caterer led to another and we book a caterer matching our taste buds and papa's pockets. A God sent decorator meets us and the deal is sealed.
Meanwhile, January 12th is approaching, I try to ignore any mention of the result as I am in a party mood for the wedding, which is just 4 days after the D Day, not wanting it to steal the Bride’s thunder :P or cause an overcast in the spring time for my family!
 
Anyways, CAT is CAT, you may love it.. hate it.. but cannot ignore it.Period.

On the first day of Dimpi's Shadi's pre ceremonies the deadly chargesheet if filed by the IIMs! Would it be a home arrest for me(as it has always been.. last 24 years.. never been a hostler) or would I get my wings to fly?? Strangely, I have a good night's sleep on the result night.. may be being occupied with family chores helped :). I woke up that morning and quitely check my result. Ok, believe it.. I gotta 99.34!! yeye.. A super happy bunch of Sangals was jumping up n down wid joy.. Aakhir mumma papa ka khota sikka chal hi gaya :P As I hugged my sister, I said.. Arre is score pe MDI to pakka hai :)

For the next few days I was the star of the house ;). With the house full of guests for the wedding.. I relished all the accolades :P. Dimpi's Shadi was a super affair too! All our efforts to find the right caterers and decorators paid off and everyone praised the arrangements.. I could also have commented if only I got the time to check out the food and decoration. 

Ghar ki shadi ki yahi problem hai.. saara kaam karo.. n koi khana bhi nhi puchta!! :P


.... Continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment